Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Online Retailing #5 London 2012 Tickets

London 2012 Olympic Tickets
I saw a bus with an ad for Olympic footy at Old Trafford for next summer, I was keen to see some of the Olympics but didn't want to trek down to London, so the footy at Old Trafford seemed perfect, Boots will also be very excited, and with Team GB entering I thought I'd make the effort.

Rating; Good - so far.

Good for; Clear and structured way of registering for tickets. Easy to navigate. Bus ad worked and made me visit the site.

 
Bad for; Not sure if I've bought anything yet? Lack of inspiration.

 
What did I buy?
Nothing yet, but a possible outlay of £400?
Homepage
Clear on how to find tickets and lots of relevant content, plus the dodgy Wolf Ollinns logo!



Navigation
Very easy system of drop downs and events to select.



Customer interaction
The auto e-mails I received were clear and easy to understand.

Product Pages
The search returned clear results and provided the info nyou need to know. The pages weren't very inspiring and the whole experience was a bit cold. To me this seemed the ideal place to highlight previous Olympic moments that would drive sales into events that upon first read may not appeal to everybody



I did see some links for Olympic merchandise but nothing that made me click through.

Delivery
Not sure yet, will have to wait and see if I've been succesful.

Overall
This was a very easy shopping experience however I still don't know if I'll get any tickets or £400 worth? I expect I could find out exactly how this should work but it wasn't immediately obvious??
As mentioned above I think the site could be more inspirational and doesn't seem to make use of lots of content that must exist, maybe it's copyrighted?
Web Site London 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment